[AusNOG] Thoughts about IP Transit

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Fri Jul 4 18:58:10 EST 2014

On 03/07/2014, at 12:12 PM, Julien Goodwin <ausnog at studio442.com.au> wrote:

> At $JOB[-1] we managed a bunch of primary/secondary education networks
> around the world, but they all had a very distinct traffic pattern with
> massive spikes (2x or more) at morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea times.

Yup.  We managed the traffic for all 1300+ public schools in Qld a while back and the traffic patterns were ridiculously predictable.  To within a minute or 2 each school day - only the volume would vary.  You could set you watch by it.

But I think Skeeve's comments were more aligned to those providing residential connectivity to school kids, not to the schools themselves.

Thanks

David