[AusNOG] another ipv6 Q

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Jul 3 16:36:02 EST 2014

On Jul 3, 2014, at 2:30 PM, Jeroen Massar <jeroen at massar.ch> wrote:

> That is a single /32, out of the PA block of APNIC. Hence, unless you
> convince every single ISP in the world to accept it, the only thing you
> can announce is that /32, nothing else.
> More specifics will properly be dropped.

Nope, complete bullshit.  I’m yet to find an ISP who isn’t comfortable with any announcement down to /56.  My /48 subnet is working just fine, thank you very much.

(Seriously, guys: It isn’t 2008 anymore. Fairy tales about how the BGP table is going to collapse are ancient history. Just get on with building the damn thing, okay?)

  - mark