[AusNOG] another ipv6 Q

Mitchell Warden wardenm at wardenm.net
Thu Jul 3 11:00:59 EST 2014

The RFC prohibits this. If you already have a /24, I don't think it will cost you any more in APNIC fees to add a /48.

   6to4 prefixes more specific than 2002::/16 must not be propagated in     native IPv6 routing, to prevent pollution of the IPv6 routing table     by elements of the IPv4 routing table.  Therefore, a 6to4 site which     also has a native IPv6 connection MUST NOT advertise its 2002::/48     routing prefix on that connection, and all native IPv6 network     operators MUST filter out and discard any 2002:: routing prefix     advertisements longer than /16.Cheers.
Mitchell

  _____