[AusNOG] Fwd: Feedback Requested: Routing Resilience Manifesto

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 08:18:24 EST 2014

Thoughts? All feedback welcome.

Narelle Clark
President, Internet Society of Australi

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 03/07/2014 2:24 AM
Subject: Chapter Leaders Community : Feedback Requested: Routing Resilience
Manifesto
To: <president at isoc-au.org.au>

> Dear Colleagues,
>
>  I already posted a message to chapter-delegates mailinglist, and some
other network operator groups, so for some of you this might be a duplicate
- apologies for that.

>  I would like to draw your attention to an initiative the Internet
Society has been coordinating with a small group of network operators. This
group has been working on defining a minimal, but feasible package of
recommended measures that, if deployed on a wide scale, could result in
visible improvements to the security and resilience of the global routing
system.

you can find a draft document here: https://www.routingmanifesto.org/ <
https://www.routingmanifesto.org/>.

>  This initial version of the Manifesto was drafted by a small group, but
we need a wider community review, your feedback, and, ultimately, your
support to make this initiative fly. It was already presented at several
venues, like RIPE and NANOG, and now we open it for a more detailed review.

>  Please note that this is very much a work in progress.
>
>  We are asking the community to review the document and provide feedback
and text suggestions online or via routingmanifesto at isoc.org by 31 August
2014.