[AusNOG] SharePoint Online Issues

francisfides at mailup.net francisfides at mailup.net
Thu Jan 30 10:20:33 EST 2014

I've got a big client demonstration coming up today, and this gem has
just appeared from Microsoft:

---

IS4119

In Progress

Maintenance window: 10:00 PM UTC Wednesday, January 29, 2014 to 3:00 AM
UTC Thursday, January 30, 2014

Activities: The Identity Service has identified an issue with certain
federated logins and is taking immediate action to reduce the chance of
failures for partners and end users. We will take these actions during
the next 4 hours.

Potential user impact: Customers using MSA federation may see higher
latency and isolated login failures. If this occurs, a single retry
should resolve the issue. Microsoft Account users and guests to
SharePoint Online may see login errors until we have resolved the issue.

Additional information: If your organization experiences repeated login
failures, please contact Support for assistance.

---

Is anyone on this list in the know about this, and whether it is a major
issue (meaning I should avoid access within this window) - or it's
minor?

On or off list contact would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

  francisfides at mailup.net