[AusNOG] routeros v Vyatta

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Wed Jan 29 20:53:25 EST 2014

On 01/29/2014 07:20 PM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> So I am gather this is a good fit for a centos / Linux home made router.
>
> I am pretty happy doing all the other things, just the BGP / OSPF stuff looks like a pain with qagga. I might look at this again once I have checked out vyatta
>
> Paul
>
> Is not that I absolutely love routeros cli, its just sooo much better than different config files in different places etc etc.

Hi Alex,

If your quagga installation is set up with the right permissions, you
shouldn't need to edit multiple configuration files.  All you should
have to do is run 'vtysh', do your quagga configuration, then run 'write
mem'.

Regardless, VyOS is well worth checking out - it provides all of the
router's configuration in a single CLI.

Regards,
Paul