[AusNOG] routeros v Vyatta

Alex Samad - Yieldbroker Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com
Wed Jan 29 20:20:11 EST 2014

So I am gather this is a good fit for a centos / Linux home made router.

I am pretty happy doing all the other things, just the BGP / OSPF stuff looks like a pain with qagga. I might look at this again once I have checked out vyatta

Paul

Is not that I absolutely love routeros cli, its just sooo much better than different config files in different places etc etc.

If it work with ssh and makes some sort of sense then it usually okay with me.

Ios is getting a bit dated for me..

I do like safe mode in routeros... nice feature .. I believe something similar is possible in ios as well, but from memory it's a reload...