[AusNOG] routeros v Vyatta

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Wed Jan 29 16:08:53 EST 2014

On 01/29/2014 02:55 PM, Alex Samad - Yieldbroker wrote:
> Hi
>
> Thanks for all that info.
>
> When you say shell scripting and exposing the linux underneath.  I
> like the fact that routeros wraps up the BGP / OSPF into a nice
> command line package, does Vyatta do the same thing or are you force
> to edit the qagga config files.

Hi Alex,

Vyatta provides a wrapper around it.  It's designed to look like Junos.
  I personally find it a lot more intuitive than either RouterOS- or
Cisco-style.

If you like the RouterOS command line (or GUI for that matter), you'll
probably find yourself hating most other CLIs in most network OSes.  I
like RouterOS' CLI the least of all the ones I've touched.

Regards,
Paul