[AusNOG] What are people doing for monitoring BGP?

Paul Gear ausnog at libertysys.com.au
Wed Jan 29 08:59:40 EST 2014

Hi Ross/Nathan,

These aren't new prefixes advertised from an AS, they're existing
prefixes being withdrawn and then returning later.  I get an alert email
each time a prefix disappears, but no end of alert email when it comes back.

I also get alerts quite a lot about other parts of the world (esp.
Brazil, North America, and Northern Europe) not being able to see our
prefixes, even though they're advertised to our providers and visible
domestically.  e.g. Here's our AS viewed from 3 route-views servers as
of yesterday:

  * http://paste.debian.net/hidden/524ca085/

http://bgp.he.net/AS132897 shows it fine as well.  Yet, there are
presently 3 active alerts for prefix 103.27.153.0/24 in my BGPmon
account, one going back to 20 December.

I probably should contact BGPmon about these rather than whining to you
guys about it. ;-) Writing email now...

Regards,
Paul