[AusNOG] What are people doing for monitoring BGP?

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at eintellegonetworks.com
Tue Jan 28 10:02:23 EST 2014

Many of our customers setup an external monitoring server to monitor many
things, including BGP.

Most common at the moment is an AWS Micro instance, which you can put in
Sydney, although many we work with stick them in Singapore, Japan, Ireland
and the US (multiple locations).

If you want to get started with AWS, you can get an Micro instance for free
for the first year, and extra run to about $15ish a month.  Not bad for
something on a global infrastructure.

...Skeeve

linkedin.com/in/skeeve

twitter.com/theispguy ; blog: www.theispguy.com

The Experts Who The Experts Call
Juniper - Cisco - Cloud - Consulting - IPv4 Brokering