[AusNOG] What are people doing for monitoring BGP?

Nathan Phelan nathan at interconnekt.com.au
Tue Jan 28 09:52:41 EST 2014

Hi Everyone,
I'm looking for suggestions on how to monitor BGP externally.

We don't need anything overly complex; we currently have a single AS and advertise 6 prefixes. We are not likely to go over 10 prefixes in the near future.

I have setup an account with bgpmon.net and that looks pretty good but before we hand over cash I'd like to know what everyone else thinks or if there is anything better/smarter/more flexible.

I'd like something that does not rely on any of our infrastructure (we already have Observium in house which monitors BGP via SNMP).

Cheers,
Nathan Phelan | Interconnekt