[AusNOG] Telstra BGP Communities

Tom Berryman tom at connectivityit.com.au
Wed Jan 22 19:50:41 EST 2014

Hi Everyone,
Telstra did get back to me regarding their BGP communities support.
The outcome is that Telstra do not support BGP communities and additionally drop all community strings at their network edge.
My resolution was to apply the desired community string to the specific prefix as it enters my network. Not as elegant but the outcome was acceptable.
Thanks to everyone who provided info.
Tom