[AusNOG] Hacked site reports boy to police | theage.com.au

Tim March march.tim at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 23:20:21 EST 2014

Anyone know what the actual "hack" was? A couple of links I found
implied he "found an old database while browsing," which just sounds
like they had +Indexes and Google found it.

FWIW I found a directory indexing issue in $GovAUAgency a couple of
years back with db dumps, credentials, admin scripts, SSH keys, bash
logs (lock, stock, the lot...) and tried to notify their infrastructure
provider. It was a nightmare. I ended up talking Ralph
Wiggum^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Ha support punter through it on the phone...

	"open your browser... now go to Google... Now search for
'site:$GovAUAgency filetype:sql'"

	"What is it?"

	"Umm... Show that to your security punters"

	"My tummy feels funny *mouth breathing*"

... The site was like it for months afterwards.

TL;DR; If the kid was Google hacking, responsibly disclosed and they
called the Fuzz that's pretty poor form.

T.

PGP/GNUPG Public Key: http://d3vnu11.com/pub.key