[AusNOG] WAN security

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Jan 8 09:56:02 EST 2014

From: Tim March <march.tim at gmail.com>

Not sure how quick they'll run, but .gov and .gov.au both use TACLANE
devices: http://www.gdc4s.com

... Apparently they were originally developed for the NSA. What could
possibly go wrong.

There was a discussion of this on NANOG a while back and someone said,
I believe, that TACLANEs were only for gov't except one type and it
was USD $185,000 per device.  You'd need two.  I didn't do the search,
but you could find the discussion in the NANOG archives.

I have used TACLANES and the latency is not a problem.  There're some
funny (or not) issues they have like all networking devices.

scott