[AusNOG] Rack Studs - AWESOME

Andrew Jones aj at jonesy.com.au
Thu Jan 2 13:51:26 EST 2014

On 02.01.2014 13:38, Damien Gardner Jnr wrote:
> VERY cool, though I'd be concerned whether you'd end up with RF
> issues, because your equipment is now all insulated from the rack?
> Depends on what gear you have in the rack, and what the local
> environment is, I guess..

For anyone interested, 4cabling have these in stock.
We've bought some to try, and while I can't vouch for the long-term
reliability of them, they certainly feel strong enough for holding
smaller devices securely, and are quick and simple to use.

Wouldn't any kit sharing a common ground (via the PDU) be OK? I guess
if your devices are powered via DC plug packs it would be a different
story.