[AusNOG] Pacific Internet

Chard, Alex (RET-SYD) Alex.Chard at Reed-Elsevier.com.au
Tue Feb 25 11:14:56 EST 2014

Hi All,
Anyone seeing issues with Pacnet DNS Servers this morning?
I'm getting 127.0.0.1 returned for most queries. And Server failed for all others.

M:\>nslookup reddit.com  61.8.0.113
Server:  ns4.pacific.net.au
Address:  61.8.0.113

Name:    reddit.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

M:\>nslookup lawson.id.au 61.8.0.113
Server:  ns4.pacific.net.au
Address:  61.8.0.113

*** ns4.pacific.net.au can't find lawson.id.au: Server failed

M:\>nslookup www.microsoft.com 61.8.0.113
Server:  ns4.pacific.net.au
Address:  61.8.0.113

Name:    www.microsoft.com
Address:  127.0.0.1

:(

Alex Chard
Senior Network Engineer
Reed Elsevier Technology Services
Level 1, Tower 2, 475 Victoria Avenue
Chatswood NSW 2067
Ph +61 2 9422 2226
Alex.Chard at Reed-Elsevier.com.au<mailto:Alex.Chard at Reed-Elsevier.com.au>

Anticipate Collaborate Innovate Own IT.

This e-mail is for the use of the intended recipient(s) only. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not use, disclose or distribute this e-mail without the author's permission. We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to carry out your own virus checks on any attachment to this e-mail. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.