[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Wed Feb 19 11:50:22 EST 2014

A Blind Transfer - fair enough.

If I called your helpdesk and said your customers are having problems
accessing our services, as your own DNS recursers have cached a record
(at a reasonable time beyond TTL), I doubt your L1 helpdesk could help,
and it may need either your SysAdmin or NOC team to help.
  I would expect they'd consult with that team first and give an
overview of what was explained. The relevant team could either then say
'transfer the call to us' or 'get them to email noc at x' or whatever (L1
may need to escalate to L2 / supervisor before the contact occurs). It's
that line of communication between the L1/L2 helpdesk and NOC/SysAdmin
that should be in place.

I'm not a customer, but im presenting a real problem that can only be
resolved by your company, at the benefit to both my company and yours.