[AusNOG] Here we go again - ISP's again forced to be police

Geordie Guy elomis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:52:41 EST 2014

a) What's wrong with the existing Mark Newton and
b) What's wrong with everyone else.

This is only hard if you mill around bemoaning the lack of a white knight
and don't jump on your horse and take up your lance.  As operators, start
by talking to your business' managers about what the business strategy is
on this and your compliance/legal people/beings about what you're going to
do when you start getting Formal Notice of Howling Outrage.pdf from
Hollywood.  Everything that's been reported as something operators will
have to do has comprehensively failed overseas.

It seems reductionist but we could always just do what they did?  Million
notices in France, coupla tens of thousands of formal written letters,
precisely zero disconnections.