[AusNOG] Speaking of DNS...

Alexander Neilson alexander at neilson.net.nz
Fri Feb 14 12:01:15 EST 2014

Regards

Alexander

Alexander Neilson
Neilson Productions Ltd
Alexander at Neilson.net.nz
021 329 681

> On 14/02/2014, at 1:55 pm, Joseph Goldman <joe at apcs.com.au> wrote:
>
> To be fair - I wouldn't expect a 3rd party 'user' to be calling and informing of problems within my network. I'd expect perhaps another network operator to contact, possibly asking the helpdesk to speak with NOC regarding the issue, which would be handled differently.

How many people on list have a HelpDesk team that if someone rang up and asked for the NOC would actually get through.

I know when we haven't been given noc contacts (even when we are direct customers) that we have a hell of a time getting put through internally to the NOC

And often I have found the wrong number has been provided in a fault which is why we are now testing them.