[AusNOG] Brocade - Vyatta BGP Session

Daniel Watson daniel at glovine.com.au
Wed Feb 12 11:17:08 EST 2014

Gday Noggers

We currently have a VXC Across MegaPort to another company whom provide DDOS protection for our Melbourne network,

We are running a Vyatta VM for our router, and the other company are running a Brocade router,

We have attempted to setup a BGP Session over the VXC from the other company to our router and have confirmed from multiple sources that the settings are correct, however we have an issue which follows

 Messages:    Open    Update  KeepAlive Notification Refresh-Req
       Sent    : 24      0       0         11           0
    Last Connection Reset Reason:Bad Peer AS Number
    Notification Sent:     Open Message Error/Bad Peer AS Number

The main error being Bad Peer AS Number which neither of us have seen before

Any advice / assistance would be appreciated.

D.