[AusNOG] Vlan Add - Was Re: Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Michael Wheeler michael at michael-wheeler.org
Wed Dec 24 17:31:41 EST 2014

Router#*copy run start*
Destination filename [start]?
Erase flash: before copying? [confirm]
Erasing the flash filesystem will remove all files! Continue? [confirm]

 Erasing device...
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 ee ...erasedee
 Erase of flash: complete
 Verifying checksum...  OK (0xA83F)
 7056 bytes copied in 0.836 secs

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sh*******************t. Muscle memory
had me do that a few times - luckily I was able to upload the firmware back
on and pretend like it never happened :)

Speaking of the reload in 5 command - how many people have forgotten to
cancel the reload in 5 and had the routers reboot