[AusNOG] Vlan Add - Was Re: Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Alex Lynn alexl at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 24 14:30:49 EST 2014

	Stupidest I've probably done to date was isolating the core switch
whilst trying to filter out Cisco PVST adverts on a VC of Juniper
EX4200's.  I was trying to migrate the whole system to MST and very
new to Juniper.  Got a little overzealous with the filter and didn't
fully understand the patchwork of cascading switches below.  I'm
now very very fond of the commit confirmed command in Junos, I was
slapped upside the head with that one AFTER I broke everything good
and proper.

Adding to the hilarity I'd also had my laptop reimaged a few days
prior, and as such by the time I'd found my USB-Serial adaptor and
legged it to the server room, it dawned on me when I saw "Driver
Installation Unsuccessful" on my screen, I'd forgotten to
install the driver pack for said USB Serial adaptor.  Was certainly
touch and go for a few minutes there, haha!