[AusNOG] Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Daniel Hood dsmhood at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 09:04:33 EST 2014

We've all seen those textbook CCIEs.

I think experience and certs go hand in hand. While I see a lot of people
writing that certs mean nothing, for some jobs you need certs to get your
foot in the door and past HR. Plus, they are a great way to understand what
gaps in knowledge you have on any particular subject. Don't get me wrong
though, certs should never be a replacement for experience. I'd take a no
cert holder with 5 years of networking experience over a CCIE with none any
day!

Dan