[AusNOG] Work experience in networking/telecoms/DCs? Getting my foot in the door?

Peter Adkins peter.adkins at kernelpicnic.net
Tue Dec 23 09:04:27 EST 2014

If you want to lend credence to your argument, I'd recommend against taring
everyone in a given generation with the same brush.  A sense of entitlement
and opposition to change is not bound to any given generation or group,
you'll find it anywhere you look for it - personal bias notwithstanding.

That said, there is some constructive discussion in this thread regarding
employee health, but it seems at risk of being lost to a generational
argument which is somewhat worrying.

In the realm of long hours, out of hours maintenance, on-call, and lines
between work and personal time being blurred due to the "always on" nature
of the industry, it's far too easy to work yourself into a bad place.
Depression, anxiety, and burnout aren't limited to a given generation or
age group.

It's nice to see a thread that brings these sort of matters to light, and
so much positive feedback on the subject.

- Peter