[AusNOG] Optimising Telstra Inbound Traffic

Stephen Dendtler sdendtler-ausnog at rackcorp.com
Fri Dec 19 17:03:12 EST 2014

Thanks guys.  Yes, I've tried pre-pending Melbourne (both at my AS and
provider padding) at various levels and have confirmed the prepends went
through via BGP views but so long as the announcement is from Melbourne
(or Sydney for that matter) via the Telstra-connected upstream, it'll be
used.

Just thought maybe because it was inter-state that maybe the large ISPs
would have some special agreements....but yes, I appreciate that may
have been wishful thinking :)