[AusNOG] DDoS impacting some Oz providers into Black Lotus LA?

Shannon Gernyi shannon.gernyi at xsv.com.au
Thu Dec 18 14:26:49 EST 2014

Hi Noggers,

It's a bit of a broad query at this stage, but I wanted to throw the question out there as we're seeing some interesting happenings when offloading traffic via Black lotus (US).

DDoS appears to get scrubbed, but we're suddenly unable to access the victim's site from certain providers (iiNet, Exetel...), but can get there fine from others (Telstra). I don't have a lot of diagnostic information just yet, just wanted to query if anyone else is seeing similar issues or aware of anything. Trace stops before entering Black lotus from affected ISPs.

Kind Regards,

Shannon