[AusNOG] .IO Operators

Will Dowling will at autodeist.com
Mon Dec 15 12:47:22 EST 2014

> Is anyone aware of any operators providing compute or managed DNS services inside the British Indian Ocean Territory[1] area?
> Currently I look after some infrastructure domains in the .IO TLD and want to comply with their NIC policy.
>
> As it turns out, third-level DNS entries in the .IO TLD must have at least one DNS server physically located within this space [2].
> Given the popularity of these domains, I figure this may be of some interest to those supporting clients using this space or others have hit this.

Thanks to those who have replied off-list with some suggestions, however I haven’t found any provides that clearly have a hosting product inside the region.

Having had another set of eyes over the policy, it looks like the intent might be referring to domains sold at the third-level, not third-level entries in DNS (e.g. blah.com.io), so I will seek clarification from nic.io.

Thanks again folks :)

T: +61 (08) 6364 4880
F: +61 (08) 6364 4881
E: will at autodeist.com