[AusNOG] Telstra signs with NBNCo

Michael J. Carmody michael at mikeit.com.au
Sun Dec 14 17:22:22 EST 2014

‎So from my first cursory reading, it appears the loophole to allow Ethernet and efm services based on ULL's will now close, and that coexistence issues raised on this list last week 'probably' won't happen.

Whereas before, the copper was left on the ground to rot, so allowing legacy services to continue. The new MTM agreement seems to explicitly state NBN ownership of the copper‎ at the 18month mark if not sooner.

Going to assume they won't allow legacy ULL series on their network. Given the absolute mess this MTM is going to be, I can see a blanket ban on ULL services instead of the current grace period...

This revises my short term estimation of the viability of EFM services.

-Michael Carmody

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Telstra NextG network.