[AusNOG] Charter Change ?

Mike Everest mike at duxtel.com
Thu Dec 11 21:39:16 EST 2014

Good evening,  I reply to this thread with trepidation, hopeful that I don't
end up perpetuating discussion along the lines of the one/s that initiated
this ;)

> Out of curiosity, if anyone feels there is too much traffic that may
currently
> within the charter of the group, but you think shouldn't be, how would you
> change the charter?

How about these two points to start with:

1) If you want to dis someone, be it legitimate or otherwise, send it direct
to the person to whom you have your beef
	- I mean it's not like you reply-to-list accidentally, and I
honestly have no interest in hearing about it :-}

2) If you receive direct reply from some other list recipient whingeing
about your post, don't reply it to the list - EVER
	- man, replying any kind of personal email to a public list is,
surely, incredibly poor form - no matter HOW stupid one thinks it will make
the other person seem - and I have even LESS interest in hearing about THAT!
:-D

The above 2 behaviours simply bring no value to this list (IMHO) and so
surely have no place here.

I appreciate Terry's points about taking a light touch approach, but surely
there are some simple rules that could easily be applied to a '3 strikes'
type approach - the above as some examples :-}

Cheers!

Mike.