[AusNOG] VyOS Bug - Removing prefix-list rule

Michael J. Carmody michael at mikeit.com.au
Mon Dec 8 13:38:20 EST 2014

Maybe I am just as inexperienced as Daniel, but I enjoy seeing people help each other on list, and the time to reply to whinge takes longer than hitting delete.

I find this "go elsewhere n00b" mentality to be very unprofessional and frankly creates for me a blacklist of people I would rather not do business with. You are literally putting in more effort to bitch someone out than to ignore it, or simply create a once off email filter.

This is a Network Operators Group list, a list designed to facilitate communications between Network Operators. I never saw a scale, or skill requirement on the entrance door.

The questions and their responses help to shape the industry we are in, and the "hand up" that some more friendly operators have provided speak more to their character than this incessant elitist bitching from people who think they are too good to help, or at worst ignore an email.

Continue asking Daniel, and feel free to filter the whinges from the usual bad mannered individuals, so you can continue unmolested from their grossly unprofessional behavior.

-Michael Carmody