[AusNOG] Netflix, AWS and Softlayer vs. Australia

Bill Walker bill at wjw.co.nz
Fri Dec 5 11:07:21 EST 2014

On 2014-12-05 12:58, Mark Newton wrote:
> On 5 Dec 2014, at 10:02, Mark ZZZ Smith <markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au>
> wrote:
*snip*

> The original point made was that quotas were a marketing strategy. I
> don't think either of us believe that that claim has merit.
>
>    - mark

I'd like to further reinforce this point, as a Global business we have
just moved all our sites from per mbps billing to per GB. As a business
we want the fastest access speeds we can get. Time sat waiting for
something to load is $$'s added to a project which in turn makes us less
competitive. Since doing this, at the top end our branch access speeds
have moved from 10mb to 1gb for around the same monthly spend.

Cheers,

Bill