[AusNOG] Not sure who to call - Vocus / Telstra not routing to client website

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Dec 4 18:51:32 EST 2014

AS17766 is blocking traceroutes past their border.  On telstra, equinix,
and vocus, I can't traceroute any further than your example, but I can
connect on port 80 TCP fine from all three..

Note: A connection from a web browser is locking up when trying to load a
bunch of resources via HTTPS, as there's a firewall somewhere there
dropping port 443 connections to the server.  (Most notably, one of the
stylesheets is being forced via HTTPS, so the site renders weird).

Best bet for resolution is to have the bar association lodge a ticket with
their webhost, and find out why the server isn't accessible on port 443
(assuming it's supposed to be accessible on 443..)