[AusNOG] SEA-ME-WE 3 cut again

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Dec 3 02:12:34 EST 2014

On 2/12/2014 4:10 AM, Eric Appelboom wrote:

> The fault has been detected on 11/30 0339 UTC and is located at about 1155 km from Singapre TUAS cable station near tha Jakarta branching unit. Cable repair schedule is to be advised once available.
That distance puts the break pretty much near the island of Krakatoa in the Sunda
Strait (depth ~90m, busy shipping channel), or possibly a tad to the south-west (depth
~200m).
Probably not far enough south-west for the much deeper Sunda Trench.
Lots of seismic activity in that area.
I see the iiNet outage notice now pushes the ETR back to Friday.

Excellent case example for my talk on Thursday!