[AusNOG] Checking peering

Cheyne Jonstone cjonstone at staff.ventraip.com
Thu Aug 28 17:42:55 EST 2014

Noction works well, but is far too expensive for what it is. It also takes
a toll on the routers as well, so be prepared to have some CPU/memory
constantly chewed by it.

Regards,

Cheyne Jonstone | VentraIP Australia
*Executive Chairman*

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Ross Cheetham <ross at crucial.com.au> wrote:

> Hey Luke,
>
> Be very interested to see how you find this tool. Was talking with these
> guys when they were still beta, but never got a chance to have a trial /
> play.
>
> Cheers,
> Ross
>

> On 28 August 2014 12:25, Luke Iggleden <luke+ausnog at sisgroup.com.au>
> wrote:
>
>> I was pointed to this a couple of weeks ago. going to give it a trial.
>>
>> http://www.noction.com/
>>

>> On 28/08/2014 12:14 pm, Richard Ham AusNOG wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Alex,
>>>
>>> I haven't got any new or unheard-of solutions here so will be watching
>>> replies too - I use smokeping to alert, however have been trying to
>>> figure
>>> out how to use conditional advertisements on Ciscos to withdraw routes to
>>> peers that are not behaving. I've run into obstacles since I don't
>>> receive
>>> global tables from most of my peers and I've messed around with using
>>> scripts initiated by smokeping to withdraw and re-insert BGP
>>> based on packet loss, however that's purely experimental and I've since
>>> junked the attempt as a bad/error-prone idea.
>>>
>>> With Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard

*The contents of this email are strictly private and confidential unless
otherwise noted and is intended for the marked recipients only. If you are
not a marked recipient please disregard and delete this email.*