[AusNOG] Checking peering

Richard Ham AusNOG rich-lists at edit-co.com
Thu Aug 28 12:14:19 EST 2014

Hi Alex,

I haven't got any new or unheard-of solutions here so will be watching
replies too - I use smokeping to alert, however have been trying to figure
out how to use conditional advertisements on Ciscos to withdraw routes to
peers that are not behaving. I've run into obstacles since I don't receive
global tables from most of my peers and I've messed around with using
scripts initiated by smokeping to withdraw and re-insert BGP advertisement
based on packet loss, however that's purely experimental and I've since
junked the attempt as a bad/error-prone idea.

With Regards,

Richard