[AusNOG] Data retention definitions

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Aug 28 09:52:56 EST 2014

On Aug 27, 2014, at 10:57 PM, Paul Brooks <pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au> wrote:

> Keep in mind this is a first draft at a discussion paper about what they want to ask for,

It is not a first draft.  It is an abbreviated version of the document they distributed secretly to ISPs in 2009/10.  Significant parts of it are word-for-word identical.

Make no mistake:  This is a policy which is coming from AGD, not from our elected representatives.  The Department is indifferent to who their A-G is.  i.e., the policy remains the same regardless of who we vote for, there is no realistic democratic choice being presented to the electorate.  If there’s another election tomorrow, and the Coalition loses, this policy will survive unscathed.

  - mark