[AusNOG] Data retention definitions

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Wed Aug 27 23:08:28 EST 2014

On 27/08/2014 8:38 PM, Robert Hudson wrote:

> To effectively meet the government's requirements will require more than just
> reporting the source and destination ports used.

These are not the government's requirements. They are the government's version 1.0
wishlist, for discussion and feedback. Compiled from wishlists from
four-letter-acronym authorities put together by people with the best of intentions for
how they see their role, but who may or may not know how the Internet works - but if
you don't ask you won't get.

Just like Christmas wishlists, we may have to sit them down on our knee and explain -
respectfully - why we regret its not possible to have one or two of the ponies.

P.