[AusNOG] Brocade CER-2024 Routers

Matt Ayre matt.ayre at bigair.net.au
Wed Aug 27 12:22:28 EST 2014

We have both CERs and a Juniper deployment

The CERs seem to be a very simple and stable box, IMO they don't weigh in
as well with features compared to Cisco/Juniper. We did hit a few corner
cases with capability that needed to be solved creatively and they do have
a few quirks/default settings which may seem odd at first.

The CLI is very Cisco IOS like and therefore missing 'carrier class'
concepts like configuration revision and rollback which personally I find a
little bit frustrating but most operators don't seem to mind (OOB makes it
less relevant)

Cheers,
Matt