[AusNOG] Brocade CER-2024 Routers

Patrick Cole z at amused.net
Wed Aug 27 12:15:47 EST 2014

David,

They're solid boxes.  I would consider the following though;

- getting the -RT version if you are doing full-table IP routing

- control plane cpu is a PPC 800mhz so don't expect miraculous convergence
	times for large tables.  MX-80 also has that problem too.

- the platform has a limitation that means there are no per-vlan
	traffic counters available.  This may be a bit of a show stopper if you
	are using them as a L3 edge.

I think their best use case is as a small MPLS PE router.

Pat