[AusNOG] AFP Contact

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Mon Aug 4 15:45:41 EST 2014

Hi List,

  Quick Q - a customer of ours is having problems with targeted DDoS
attacks on their network. We believe it is beyond the general randomness
of DDoS's that occur due to the selected targets and the repetitive nature.

  I would like to discuss options of investigation with the AFP however
the contact numbers I can find all go through to an IVR which, for
internet crimes, just keep referring off to scamwatch and other such
departments, not accounting for higher level network crimes.

  Does anyone have the correct line of inquiry with the AFP? Are the AFP
the appropriate agency to discuss this with? (I am based in NSW but the
network has both national and international components).

Thanks in advance for any help, and sorry for list noise.

Thanks,
Joe