[AusNOG] SFP+ 10GbE

Peter Tiggerdine ptiggerdine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 16:40:33 EST 2014

Hi Julian,

Your email appears to be very confusing. You haven't provided any
information regarding the type of SFP+ (DWDM?) of weather you're using
ZR optics for this distance.

I tend to use whatever is support by the vendor that I'm plugging into
which in most cases is cisco. the following is the SKU for the
appropriate SFP assuming this is just grey light.

Cisco SFP-10G-ZR

Ensure you're using attenuators to ensure to don't burn out the lasers
in the SFP's. Better yet get a professional to calibrate the link end
to end.

If you're using DWDM, then talk to your DWDM vendor for appropriate
SKU as they're configured to a specific frequency and channel.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Peter Tiggerdine.