[AusNOG] Cisco 7201 vs Juniper SRX 550 for border routers

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue Apr 15 16:23:57 EST 2014

With your budget I really think you should look at the Mikrotik range, they
can do 10G easily and LNS works really well. Most Network guys are still in
the "it can't work, it's too cheap" mindset, but really it's better to get a
really good set of Mikrotik's than a crappy old set of name brand routers. I
used them for LNS termination of dial ups 10 years ago and I know of many
small ISP's using them for everything. I've also has faster and better
support out of them than Cisco, that's for sure.

http://routerboard.com/CCR1036-8G-2Splus

There is a 72core box with dual power coming out very soon.