[AusNOG] Discussion point: Why aren't the NBNCo tails symmetric in speed?

Colin Stubbs colin.stubbs at equatetechnologies.com.au
Wed Apr 9 07:29:07 EST 2014

Have a read of this Skeeve,

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/research.google.com/en//pubs/archive/36936.pdf

Obviously written while they were still testing and reviewing their
options, but they were leaning towards point to point delivery already.

Makes sense to me. WDM-PON standards weren't and still are not ready yet,
and Google isn't the type of company to screw around trying to save a few
dollars for short term gains.

-Colin