[AusNOG] Going Dual Homed (without waste)

Mark ZZZ Smith markzzzsmith at yahoo.com.au
Fri Sep 27 07:07:01 EST 2013

----- Original Message -----

If you're dual homed to the same provider, a further option to influence inbound is to announce longer prefixes within your aggregates and attach the NO_EXPORT community to them so they don't leave the upstream provider's AS and add to the global route table. The longest match rule will prefer the longer prefixes over the aggregates. For example, announce your /22 over both of your links, as well as /24 from within the /24 over one of the links with NO_EXPORT attached. The /24 link will now be preferred for 1/4 of your /22 space.