[AusNOG] routerOS ... used to be RE: Cross Connect Pricing & Peering POP's

Nathan Brookfield Nathan.Brookfield at simtronic.com.au
Thu Sep 26 14:33:57 EST 2013

Alex,

BIRD is probably the best in show, take a peak at it to for sure.

I use Quagga and RouterOS as well as BIRD and for BGP it does it the best.

Nathan Brookfield
Chief Executive Officer

Simtronic Technologies Pty Ltd
http://www.simtronic.com.au

On 26 Sep 2013, at 14:32, "Alex Samad - Yieldbroker" <Alex.Samad at yieldbroker.com> wrote:

Hi

Wondering what peoples experience with router OS is. thinking about running in a VM and using BGP and OSPF.  First glance it looks like somebody has taken linux and added some apps and wrapped it into a distro of sorts

Also i saw mention a while back of somebody building a sw BGP setup. Wondering what solution they used. Quagga seems to have come up a few times in my searches

Alex