[AusNOG] Telstra starts VDSL Vectoring trials

George Michaelson ggm at apnic.net
Mon Sep 23 12:07:30 EST 2013

interesting my arse! George, they're the vendor who proposed the standard!

you've seen Simon Hacketts piece on whirlpool where he makes it explicit vectoring cannot work in out competitive environment? it demands re-centralization of the copper because it uses the same RF space as ADSL to do slightly different, but incompatible, modelling of noise.

Its one or the other: entire D/SLAM replacement required. the whole bundle does one, or the other.

here be (regulatory) dragons...

-G