[AusNOG] Screw the NBN, says TPG: We'll do our own FTTB

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Tue Sep 17 21:44:37 EST 2013

On 17/09/2013 9:28 PM, Paul Wallace wrote:
> The network WOULD have not only existed by probably been completed today actually if
> Mr Conroy hadn't killed it off in its infancy.

"A" network of some sort would have Paul - but I'll wager anything you like that we
would still be bellyaching about how
expensive/braindead/unreliable/insert-favourite-gripe-of-the-day it was, and floating
all sorts of ideas about how it could and should have been done
faster/slower/cheaper/costlier and with a different technology, different owner,
builder, operator and operating model.
Further, if it had ever been deemed "completed" we would have fallen over laughing at
the concept, and been proposing all sorts of ways to extend/expand/change it "like
they should have done at the beginning" if only "they" had the foresight that this
list has been blessed with - if only "they" had asked us.

In short - it wouldn't matter who did what, the AusNOG community would find something
to criticise about it ;-)

(It seems to be what we do when we're not busy fixing stuff - so I'm reassured that
everybody's networks must be extraordinarily stable this evening)

Paul.