[AusNOG] NBN - Negotiations with Telstra - update from DeLimiter

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Mon Sep 9 16:39:24 EST 2013

If you're the Australian government and can borrow the money through
bond sales (look at the current rates for bonds) then given how
profitable Telstra (look at dividends and free cash flow etc) is you'd
make a profit on holding it.

So, reality is it doesn't matter how long other than your particular
political views on governments borrowing money to invest etc etc.

But you'd hope that you could do it fairly rapidly.  Keeping "an" NBN
on track is important.

MMC