[AusNOG] GoodBye NBN

Robert Hudson hudrob at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 07:36:56 EST 2013

I also think that there are options for cutting the price of the NBN that
don't involve throwing out the FTTP component.

If the new government want to change the NBN significantly, there are a lot
of contracts that need to be renegotiated. That alone will take a long
time. Redesign to the proposed FTTN model will take time. Negotiating
contracts to build the nodes will take time. Time costs money. It may well
be that the cost of changing to a FTTN network is so high that such a
change won't occur.