[AusNOG] How hard is it to protect/defend a router?

George Fong george at lateralplains.com
Thu Sep 5 11:10:56 EST 2013

I would have thought that the answer is not very hard. But there are
some things that make you question your beliefs ....... has our
vilgilence in trying to defend against what we thought to be the Bad
Guys distracted us from something that we should be more worried about?

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/09/nsa-router-hacking/?mbid=social11535834

/"No one updates their routers," he says. "If you think people are bad
about patching Windows and Linux (which they are) then they are ...
horrible about updating their networking gear because it is too
critical, and usually they don't have redundancy to be able to do it
properly."/

Cheers
g.

--
Lateral Plains Logos

    Just remember, wherever you go .... there you are.